Catherine Chandler's Poetry Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Three "light" poems accepted for publication




LightenUp Online Editor, Martin Parker, has just accepted three of my parodies, under the global title, "Afters", for the December issue of his online journal.  Thank you, Martin!

As might be imagined, the parodies are "after" the style of some famous poets. They are: Elizabeth Bishop, Edna St. Vincent Millay and A.E. Housman.  The Bishop parody is after her villanelle, "One Art"; Millay's is a take on her sonnet, "Time does not bring relief; you all have lied", and the Housman lampoons a poem from A Shropshire Lad II, to wit, the famous "Loveliest of trees, the cherry now".

I had a fourth, "After Nose-Picking" after (of course) Robert Frost's "After Apple-Picking", but I didn't submit it, for fear my readers would be too grossed out and think ill of me ;-).

Lots of laughs in store, come December, at LightenUp Online, compliments of my warped sense of humor.











No comments: