Catherine Chandler's Poetry Blog

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Glad and Sorry Seasons







Yesterday I received a box containing my new full-length collection of poems, Glad and Sorry Seasons (Biblioasis Press, Windsor, Ontario). It was a bittersweet moment. Most of the poems were inspired by sorry, rather than glad, seasons.

As I held the book in my hands and opened it to the dedication page, I felt an overwhelming sadness that my late father, to whom the book is dedicated, was not with me to share the moment. He passed away one week after my daughter was released from the hospital where she spent seven weeks fighting for her life after a ruptured cerebral aneurysm in the summer of 2012.

No matter where I read in the upcoming weeks and months, I will always begin my presentation by reciting the poem 'Intervals' in honor of the wonderful father, teacher, friend and mathematician that he was.









If anyone would like a signed copy, please email me at:  cathy.chandler@mcgill.ca for the details.




No comments: