Catherine Chandler's Poetry Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Pushcart Prize Nomination!


Click HERE for information on the Pushcart Prize.


I wish to thank editors Karen Kelsay and Jeff Holt of The Orchards for nominating my poem, "Valediction" for a Pushcart Prize.

Inspired by a passage in Wordsworth's "Ode. Intimations of Immortality from Recollections of Early Childhood," in writing "Valediction" I imagined an aging, jaded man, perhaps an expat, surfing the Internet and discovering his high school sweetheart's obituary in his hometown's online newspaper.

"Valediction" (page 13) and another sonnet, "Revisitation", were published in the inaugural edition of The Orchards in August 2016.

I have two poems in the December issue, "For Melina, 8, Sleeping" (page 23) and "Secret Swig" (page 24), my English translation of Uruguayan poet María Eugenia Vaz Ferreira's poem, "Vaso furtivo."






No comments: