Catherine Chandler's Poetry Blog

Thursday, August 21, 2014

50,000 Visitors to The Wonderful Boat!




In a little over 3 1/2 years, my poetry blog has reached visitor #50,000!

So much has happened in my life in that time. Happy times include the publication of two full-length collections of poetry, Lines of Flight (Able Muse Press) and Glad and Sorry Seasons (Biblioasis). Also, a chapbook of sonnets, This Sweet Order (Kelsay Books/White Violet Press), and many publications of my poems, translations, essays and podcasts in print and online journals and anthologies in North America, Europe and Australia. I've given many local and international poetry readings and received a full scholarship to the WCU Poetry Conference, where I participated in the First Books Panel.

The sad times I shared with you were the deaths of my mother (2011) and father (2012), and my dog, Chola (2012).

The major life-altering event, though, was my daughter's illness and subsequent recovery. A five-part poem, "Almost", dedicated to Caitlin, appears in the manuscript I'm working on now.

Thank you to my regular and occasional followers. Let's aim for another 50,000!

Cathy




No comments: